Sliide is looking for a highly motivated, talented generalist candidate with 0-3 years of professional/entrepreneurial experience, encompassing a variety of backgrounds. There is no set standard for excellence in this role; instead, the ideal candidate will be highly intelligent, adaptable, and willing to dive into any given project that presents itself.
Successful candidates will be able to lend their efforts to various sides of business including, but not limited to, sales, marketing, strategy, brand, and business development. This versatile role provides a huge potential for growth, often on the ground floor, and to make material contributions based on your personal skill set/area of expertise to help drive results.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
As a Startup Generalist, you will work closely with the Sales and Marketing teams to follow-through on projects and assignments delegated by the Chief Commercial Officer. Our ideal candidate is a business-minded creative with a passion for entrepreneurship, sales, tech, finance, and SaaS.
- Candidates should have one to two years of experience (internships included) and demonstrated remarkable talent in their academic and/or professional endeavors; we neither expect nor require previous finance / tech / SaaS knowledge or experience
- We welcome applications from individuals in all academic disciplines
- The Generalist should be an effective communicator and critical thinker who takes a highly analytical approach to solving problems
- The Generalist excels at managing multiple projects, and is motivated by a desire to learn and an interest in taking on new challenges
You may be a good fit for the role if you have:
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills with the ability to handle pressure and a high volume of tasks in a result-oriented environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in innovative technologies like Graph Technologies and SaaS
- Strong intellectual horsepower allows you to evaluate problems critically and develop solutions effectively. This intelligence also allows you to recognize, own up to, and learn from mistakes to improve your performance moving forward.
- An acute detail orientation drives you and helps keep you organized. Projects don’t fall through the cracks, and you make sure your teammates don’t drop the ball either.
- Refined emotional intelligence allows you to work both successfully and gracefully with others, particularly under pressure.
- A thoughtful, inquisitive nature, coupled with a proactive desire to solve problems, keeps you motivated and on-track. You are constantly looking for ways to improve internal processes.
- You possess an entrepreneurial, glass-half-full spirit, even if you have no entrepreneurial experience. Growing a business can be both exciting and stressful. Those with patience and resilience thrive in this type of setting.
- Your enthusiastic sense of commitment to your duties and teammates drives your efforts, and you work hard to contribute above and beyond. An eager desire to learn helps drive this success.
- Humble confidence in your ability to execute with both integrity and success makes you an asset to your team.
- Competitive salary
- Buzzing London office with a vibrant culture and well-stocked snack cupboards and drinks fridge
- Regular all-company socials
- 25 days of holiday including bank holidays
- Flexible working i.e fully remote, fully office or hybrid
- Weekly company fitness sessions
- Access to Gympass
- Full cover private healthcare 24/7 with Babylon
- Up to 8% employer pension contribution
- Monthly company haircuts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Working with a passionate team who love to learn and implement new technologies
- Flat structure with plenty of exposure to the senior leadership team
- Budget for learning resources, courses and conferences
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity. We employ many nationalities and think it's extremely important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.