Sliide is a mobile technology company that solves some of the most pressing challenges for mobile network operators and handset manufacturers globally.
Our digital products are used and loved by millions of people every month and drive billions of impressions to content producers and advertisers around the world.
Sliide is on a mission to help companies get more from the mobile economy. Our suite of mobile apps empower millions of users to unlock their essential device, and enable mobile carriers, handset manufacturers and app developers to engage, retain and maximise the value of their users.
We’ve more than tripled in size in the last 12 months and we have no intention of slowing down. We’re investing significantly in our existing product suite and we’re taking new and exciting products to market.
You will be responsible for the continued development of our internal tooling application. We are looking for someone who is passionate and creative, who will be able to drive innovation and ensure we have the best solution possible.
- Developing tools, for use by multiple departments within our company, which increase operational efficiency
- We’re looking for someone who is able to understand inefficiencies in existing processes and is able to provide suggestions on how to improve them
- Working with existing database schemas from a service-oriented architecture
- Interacting with non-technical team members and occasional outsourced development/support partners.
- Possible updates to our customer facing WebViews and websites.
- Rails 6 (preferred)
- Version control (Git)
- Integration of RESTful web service APIs
- Understand how to balance immediate product needs with long-term project health and maintainability
- Practical knowledge of common design and architectural patterns and the ability to apply them effectively
- Ability to write compact and performance-conscious yet readable code
- Ability to express your ideas clearly and effectively
- Curiosity and drive to understand and solve problems beyond the surface level
- Ability to document requirements and designs
- Familiarity with agile software development methodology and release process
- Ability to adapt communication for technical and non-technical people
Bonus points for
- Experience with React and Node.JS
- An eye for design
- Previous use of Tailwind CSS, Stimulus and Vue.js
- Experience in microservice oriented environments
- Integration and system tests
- Competitive salary + EMI share options
- 25 days of holiday + bank holidays
- up to 8% company pension contribution
- Flexible working
- Buzzing London office with a vibrant culture and well-stocked snack cupboards and drinks fridge
- Working with a passionate team who love to learn and implement new technologies
- Flat structure with plenty of exposure to the senior leadership team
- Weekly company fitness sessions
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to wellness venues and apps (via Gympass)
- Private Health Insurance (with 24/7 Digital GP)
- Budget for learning resources, courses and conferences
- Regular all-company socials
- Free haircuts in the office
We are hugely committed to equality of opportunity. We employ many nationalities and think it's extremely important to have both genders represented in all functions and levels. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of age, disability, gender, pregnancy and maternity, marital status, race, religion or sexual orientation.